Clinch Powell Resource Conservation and Development Council (RC&D), located in Rutledge TN, is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation building sustainable communities in East Tennessee.
At Clinch-Powell we believe we all deserve to live in a healthy and vital community where everyone is empowered, youth are celebrated, education is a priority, the environment is clean and housing is affordable. It is our mission to build strong, sustainable communities by investing in people, housing, and conservation of natural resources. We accomplish this through collaborative partnerships, direct investments, financial education & counseling, and by providing housing solutions, primarily in Tennessee.
We are seeking an Executive Director to lead and guide all program operations. This is a key and exciting role for an individual who has a strong commitment to building community, caring for people and protecting its natural resources. We are seeking an experienced individual that can lead a multifaceted organization that serves as a Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO), a sustainable community development organization and a conservation organization. The Executive Director leads and maintains high-quality programs in accordance with the mission, vision and values of Clinch Powell, state and federal regulations and the standards and policies of Clinch Powell RC&D Council. The Executive Director is responsible for leading all operations including strategy and business development, grants management, housing certifications and mortgage financing, staff management, fundraising, and financial and operations management. Programs include housing solutions and mortgage financing, Appalachia CARES AmeriCorps, Financial Opportunity Center, consumer lending, residential construction and natural resources conservation.
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Cultivate a strong and transparent relationship with the Board of Directors and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals.
- Ensure programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation and consistent quality of finance and administration.
- Build strategic partnerships, establishing relationships with funders and key stakeholders, and actively identify and develop new opportunities.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with members, community groups and organizations.
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communication with staff throughout the organization; create and promote a positive, inclusive work environment that supports strategy and impact.
- Have strong grants management background, including ability to seek out new grants.
- Oversee the financial integrity of the organization including developing long and short range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring financial controls are in place.
- Possess exceptional skills in fundraising from both public and private sources and networks.
- Understand development services and consumer lending laws as they apply to Community Development Financial Institutions.
- Advanced degree, or comparable work experience, and significant senior management experience
- Track record of effectively leading and regionally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Proven success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate, partner with and engage board members to achieve strategic goals
- Strong commitment to the professional development of staff; successful track record of recruiting and retaining a high-performing, diverse team.
- A persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal, presentation and multidisciplinary project management skills, and the experience and energy to be an engaged and effective spokesperson, relationship builder and fundraiser
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Health Insurance available
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Simple IRA with Employer Match
- Potential Bonus Opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Rutledge, Tennessee
How to apply: Send resume and cover letter referencing applicable experience and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject of Clinch-Powell ED application. References will be required.
Deadline to apply: Resumes accepted through February 11, 2024
Clinch Powell RC&D is an Equal Opportunity Employer